Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Web Applications

I am doing research on Mathematics Education. My emphasis is on digital instruments for education. Yesterday I was trying to figure out why divisions are so hard for kids. My first answer is that they memorize multiplication facts, not division facts, and then they have to learn complicated multiplication rules to do long divisions.

Under closer inspection I convinced myself that it is going to be hard if I want to make billions of grammar school teachers to change.

Then I read today about the Bill Gates - Marc Andreessen saga. Marc did not change the many Gates clients using Microsoft browsers in the nineties, but his children, Google-FireFox, are winning.

Is there a lesson here?

I think so. Good ideas win out, everything else being equal.

My goal is to imagine good ideas, they will take care of themselves.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews