Friday, June 20, 2008

Ice in Mars

My son found this before me. I knew that the evidence was strong, but he knew first, real water in Mars!

Now what?

The atmosphere is dead, as James Lovelock told us many years ago. The planet very likely is dead. There is a desert on Earth, Atacama in Chile, it is so dry that NASA has been testing instruments there. If they can find life in Atacama, there may be life in Mars.

I have been writing about selection, the system selects. System as I think of it, is inside other system, and contains smaller system inside. Somehow there is a level of interaction with which some levels do not depend for certain choices on the other systems. I do not need to know if tomorrow I´ll be productive to wake up. It could be determined at some level what my performance will be tomorrow, but I don´t know that. All I know is that I feel well. Very likely I´ll wake up tomorrow, and I will be as effective as it is determined, and as I make it on the spot. But in hindsight, I could know that I should not have gone to that date. Today I don´t know that.

Mars selects, it is as much a system as the Earth is. Earth is alive, Mars may be dead, we will find out as more data comes to us from our robots there.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews