Thursday, May 28, 2009

Mormons in Huitzuco

Yesterday I was in my mother's hometown. I walked around town and saw Mormon recruiters. They offer salvation just by changing allegiance. Poor people are eager to be offered relief for their suffering. That town is fertile ground for religious conversions.

The message, though is plain to be seen, in Mexico some citizens are disposable. If you are from Indian stock, to the white people that control this land (myself included), you don't seem to be worth that much.

I know for a fact that all children of Huitzuco could be great scholars, businessmen, sportsmen, artists, you name it.

What should we do?

First look at our children with new eyes. All human children have potential, and it is the responsibility of grownups to give them an opportunity.

Whoever does it best, will get the kids.

The race is on.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews