Friday, September 25, 2009

Cynicism

Let me be blunt here.

I do not believe the reasons given by the US in the recent past on war, were truthful.

I believe more, with Daniel Ellsberg, that the US lied about Vietnam. Given that, why should I accept that the reason to go to Iraq was to neutralize a rogue state at the brink of producing Armageddon in the nick of time. Why should I believe that sending twice the troops to Afghanistan will make the US win the war there. I feel these are lies.

There, you have a cynic here.

Now why do I think those US children are going to be killed by the Afghans?

Because the US acts like an imperialist state.

The Aztecs in Mexico, more than four hundred years ago, sent troops to Chilpancingo. The people in Zumpango to the north of this town, stopped them though.

Why did the Aztecs attack?

They wanted war booty.

I am not a complicated intellectual. These things are not that complicated.

What hurts me is that those US kids going to war, don't even know where Afghanistan is?

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews