Thursday, September 24, 2009

What is Happening in Pittsburgh?

I've been twice in that city. In the way there, nearby I saw an American Indian treated disrespectfully in the bus by the driver. The poor man couldn't even speak well. I was sad that his people used to own the place, and now they don't even talk to him. I knew the Anglos and the Indians don't converse because he had an accent different than the people around him.

Now the police was running after young people in the streets. They came to protest the G-20 meeting. Even university students from the city were involved.

I was remembering that forty years ago when I was a student, the police also run after us.

I guess young people have to fight. It is their world in the near future which will be affected.

All of us should listen to those kids, they know things are not well.

Also in California yesterday students, professors, and workers, were publicly expressing their refusal to accept less money for the University of California.

What is next?

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews