Saturday, September 19, 2009

What the Future Will Bring?

Reading about Hawking in Discover Magazine I came up with this idea.

We can think of several futures, one in which Mexico is part of the US, one in which the US is part of Mexico, one in which all countries are just one.

I like the third option better, I already have houses in Huitzuco, Chilpancingo, Mexico City, Puebla, and Chicago. Nice isn't it? One problem though, is that I don't have enough money to travel, I'm working on that.

Hawking's life inspires me. Because of my own shortcomings, I haven't been able to hold a permanent position in a university; but just like him, I follow scientific research, now it is easier to do that, that in the past.

I want to see myself in the future with a good theory of Information, that brings light to the ideas of time and space.

In the meantime I am happy to read that: Fermion gases can be magnetised!

This is awesome, I can't get over it. MIT students and professors pulled this gem out of Nature's trove. Given that I spent my postdoc time with my friend Hung Cheng there, I feel a lot of sympathy for the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

Great work.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews