Friday, April 25, 2014

Sandu Popescu : Home page

Sandu Popescu : Home page:



"My main research interest is in fundamental aspects of quantum physics; basically I am interested in getting a better understanding of the nature of quantum behavior. The fact that so often one discovers seemingly paradoxical new quantum effects is a signature that a deep and intuitive understanding is still missing. A major focus of my research has been quantum non-locality. For most of its history, the subject of quantum non-locality was primarily of interest to philosophers of physics. My research aim was to go beyond philosophy and to develop an understanding of the physics of non-locality. This led me to establish some of the central concepts of the new area of quantum information and computation. I have also worked on many other aspects of quantum theory, ranging from the very fundamental, to designing practical experiments (such as the first teleportation experiment) to patentable commercial applications."



'via Blog this'

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews