Thursday, April 29, 2010

Arizona and The Law

C-Span invited Rep. John Cavanaugh from Arizona. Callers were divided in those in favor of the new Arizona Law, SB 1070, and those a bit critical. In the few minutes I heard the callers, nobody was against of what this police officer did.

That is fair. Arizonans have all the right to let police officers write State Laws. They can also elect clowns, as far as I am concerned. What I ask, is why do people think a police officer is a State Legislator? I don't think he practiced Law all his life. I guess that is what democracy is about, you choose whoever you want.

The way I see it, policemen fight crimes, they face the criminal element in society. I just do not see how a poor child born from poor Mexican parents in the US qualifies as a criminal. They should elect more enlightened people to write laws.

I guess Arizona lawyers are busy doing something else, and let the police officers write laws.

I hope this cop knows what he is doing. There are soldiers in my family, not law enforcement officers, so I do not really have a feel about this type of person. All I know is that if by any chance I have to answer their questions, I feel uneasy. I am not a criminal, but I do not feel comfortable with cops. If you do, I guess you don't understand my apprehension.

I do not know if I will visit Arizona just to have a cop coming to talk to me because I happen to have brown skin.

Cavanaugh said that situation won't happen under his law, you know what? I am sceptical.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews