Thursday, April 15, 2010

Was my Mother a Saint?

I am reading Michael Talbot's "The Hollographic Universe." He mentions David Bohm and Karl Pribram, two individuals I admire. I am agnostic, but the recent death of my mother and this book, are making me think.

I am not about to proposed that my mother be canonized, there are no official miracles I can attach to her; but in recent conversations with my siblings something special is happening. I find it so strange that she was not mean, like a lot of people I know, and on the contrary, one felt well with her; that I am starting to wonder who was she?

Not all the little girls from Huitzuco wanted to go to Iguala and study, even less of those wanted to go to Chilpancingo to study even more; and definitely very few will leave their state to try to live in Mexico City, with a man that was illegally in Mexico. WTF, where did she come from?

She had six children, all of us got a PhD or PhD equivalent level of education, all this without a penny when she moved to the city. Yes, her family helped, but so many relatives with so much economic means than us, did so little enlightenment work, that I keep wondering. Where did she come from?

She was a saint for me.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews