Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Charles Bowden

I just read the prologue of his book Murder City in Amazon.

Bowden moved my ground.

Juárez disappeared into a black hole. This is a town of no return. He speaks truth, I know.

The death of my mother put me in a weird mood. You may think my posts are hard to follow, there are at least two reasons, English is not my native language, and I think too much.

Bowden way of writing blew me off.

So I am going to tell you about something I have kept silent. Huitzuco, the place where my mother's remains are going as I write this, is slowly being taken by evil.

My beautiful young relatives in high school there, are attracting the attention of boys tempted to go into crime. I am scared.

I almost joined a scientific group in Juárez, but the project, should I say luckily, felt through. We had a war in Mexico that started a hundred years ago, it is called, "La Revolución Mexicana": The Mexican Revolution, we entered another one in 1994, it is called "The War on Drugs". Now this one has achieved national presence, the war is already in Huitzuco, where a few days from now, my mother's remains will stay forever.

From MSNBC:

"U.S. officials say the Sinaloa cartel has grown to become the most powerful drug trafficking group in the world. Most recently, it is said to have won a two-year battle with the Juarez cartel for control of smuggling routes through Ciudad Juarez, a border city that has become one of the world's deadliest."

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews