Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Sin City is Murder City

Charles Bowder has a book: Murder City. I saw him today in DN!

I feel like I am making a root system for humanity at the Internet. As long as this contraption can go, and my posts remain, my blogs are communicating vases to our past.

Robert Rodriguez, from El Paso, created with Frank Miller the first Comic Book for the movies: Sin City.

You may not now it, but Ciudad Juarez is the same city on the other side of the Rio Grande, and it is Murder City.

Also Roberto Bolaño was in Mexico, and wrote 2666. I highly recommend this book. He had contact with Mexican journalist, Sergio González Rodríguez. (Thanks Mark Pritchard )

2 comments:

Mark Pritchard said...

Actually, Roberto Bolaño did not visit Juarez to research 2666. He relied heavily on correspondence with Sergio González Rodríguez, the reporter who appears in 2666 as Sergio González. See the essay "Alone Among the Ghosts: Roberto Bolaño's '2666'" by Marcela Valdez at www.tlaxcala.es/pp.asp?lg=en&reference=9616

Eduardo Cantoral said...

Thank you so much. I'll fix it.

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews