Thursday, April 15, 2010

Daniel Boyanovsky

I met Daniel when we were in graduate school. He came to Santa Barbara from Argentina around the time I was leaving to Mexico. We hardly interacted. Now he is a professor at the University of Pittsburgh.

He worked with John Cardy, and to this day his work is mentioned by John, whom I also met there at UCSB.

Our lives went in very different directions, I haven't seen him since then. I am glad John and him, are such good scientists.

He came to my mind today because I found a good paper by John online. I remembered that one of the few conversations between Dan and I, was about his father's, then recent death. Since my mother just passed away this weekend I thought of this nice Argentinian young man. Now we are not young.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews