Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Will I get Bailed Out?

I have a huge credit card debt, therefore I keep receiving these letters from some outfit in Washington D.C.. My wife says that is junk, just throw it out.

Today I got another invitation to open a new Credit Card Account. Congress and Senate already bailed out people with a lot of lobbyists. Will they feel my pain?

Wife doesn't think so.

I am reading Secrets by Daniel Ellsbeg, he writes that he figured out that the rich were hurting the poor in Vietnam, so he ruined his career and disclosed these "Secrets".

I am a poor kid from Mexico City. I know very well how it works, sometimes Americans amuse me with their naivete.

I do not have to read secret Pentagon Papers, to know that a few crooks killed John F. Kennedy, Martin Luther King Jr., and Robert F. Kennedy.

In the novel 2666, you can find a worldview closer to mine. Roberto Bolaño was a poor boy from Chile, then Mexico, and Europe. They didn't pull one on him. He got away making it public because he is dead, otherwise the big honchos of Juárez would've been after him, just like he describes in The Savage Detectives.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews