Thursday, February 18, 2010

Am I a Good Teacher?

I am listening to a colleague next door. His language cadence is slower than mine. I do not talk fast, but I am feeling right now, that students may get overwhelmed with me.

I was not re-hired by two high schools in Illinois. I felt out of place in a Community College in the same state, and I left Mexico twelve years ago, because I was not making enough money, and I felt that the scientific ambitions of my peers did not inspire me.

I feel miscast.

Obviously I am the manager of my abilities; it seems then, that I am failing as a manager.

I may be a good teacher, but only to certain type of student. I am patient though, don't take this description in the wrong way. It is just that I think faster than I talk; and the worry expressed in this note, is that students may be even slower than I talk. Impedance matching, is the term I learned in Electrical Engineering school, I feel that sometimes I am not properly matched.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews