Sunday, February 21, 2010

O.K., the beast is starving. Now what?

Paul Krugman today calls the bluff of irrational GOP Talibans.

What I write about here is a bit different.

How far can we take irrationality in our public decisions. I start with a few clarifications, and definitions.

Government Power: A group from the country decides what all the country will do.

Rationality: Basically the use of the Scientific Method for humanity's survival.

Whenever I hear a political debate I feel uncomfortable. One strategy is to keep things obscure so nobody does know what you mean. At the end you say, therefore cut taxes, and the crowd cheers.

I feel like saying: We are all going to die like lemmings. Independently of what or why these little creatures do, what they do, I am thinking; this is nuts, all of us are going to die, don't they see it?

The problem is that political situations usually are not clear cut to begin with, apart from the conscious efforts by "politicians" to obfuscate and make a point. Democrats want to kill your granma, oh no, oh no.

Being a teacher, I can also see that our students have not developed critical skills. The education system has failed us. They are easy prey to demagogues.

If the US government allows the health system of the country to collapse. All of us should run for cover. Riots, and more are likely to happen. When? That is the problem. I do not know.

The day will come, though.

You read it here first.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews