Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Institutional Insanity

I heard those words from Ralph Nader today in Democracy Now!

Those two words stuck in my mind.

This time coming from Mexico, at the Miami International Airport, I struck a conversation with a Wall Street person. He did not fit my image of those traders. Like me he was staying at the airport waiting for his plane to Costa Rica; I was waiting for mine to Chicago. He told me about a friend that blames problems to the "System", and how he prefers to blame the individual. It was kind of late at night to start a debate. I guess I would've stayed in the middle, distribute blame somehow.

This morning when I heard this lucid man, Nader, the idea struck my mind.

I do believe in some sort of collective consciousness, if nothing else because we are able to communicate, and thus collectively affect each other.

Aspen trees are not what you see. They are what is called a clonal colony. Underground there is a physical connection to what from the surface looks like a set of different units.

I want to believe that figuratively it is like that for us also. In our case though, I do believe that it is not only in space that this structure exists, but also in time. You are reading here what comes also from my dead father whom I loved so much.

Ralph Nader is right, in Washington there is Institutional Insanity, and if we do not fix it; like my dear Nobel Prize winner, Gabriel García Márquez wrote many years ago in Mexico City.

" . . for it was foreseen that the city of mirrors (or mirages) would be wiped out by the wind and exiled from the memory of men at the precise moment when Aureliano Babilonia would finish deciphering the parchments, and that everything written on them was unrepeatable since time immemorial and forever more, because races condemned to one hundred years of solitude did not have a second opportunity on earth."

we are going to regret it.

We have to stop collective insanity in Washington DC, caused by narrow business interests.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews