Monday, March 29, 2010

Joseph Rotblat and I

I write in the blog  Globalove Think Tank once in a while. Today I found a very interesting piece that I share here.

I am not anywhere close to this courageous man, in character or fame; but I have been thinking about  intellectual's responsibilities. Reading Prof. Susskind book (below) I thought about the proximity of myself and these giants of Theoretical Physics. In my mind I feel that I may know something they don't. Now it is possible to use General Relativity ideas in Nuclear Physics. The American Government does not seem to know this, or if they know, they are not telling; all I can tell you is that I am not in the loop, and I understand what these scientists are doing more than the average person.

My responsibility is with the truth, if I find it, I will divulge it.

This is not a threat, just an observation. Knowledge is less and less secret. Is this safe? I do not know.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews