Friday, January 22, 2010

Charity

From the NYT today:

"The White House announced this week that the president and first lady Michelle Obama donated $15,000 from their personal bank account to the Haiti relief effort."

When I was young and wanted to be a saint. I asked myself, should I give charity. My answer was no; I will just put a band aid on my hurting heart, but the solution, in the case of poverty, was to abolish it.

At some point I even considered a political career; as time passed though, I thought better. I am not a good politician, whatever that means.

Today, I don't give charity, and I don't have a political career.

In any case it saddens me that President Obama, parts with a few thousand bucks, when, what he had to do, was to send real help the first day, and not wait until his black brothers and sisters will fight over scraps of bread thrown them from flying machines, as if they were animals in a Zoo.

I am sorry, I have some Caulfield tendencies: Posers!

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews