Wednesday, January 20, 2010

How Long Do I Have?

Roberto Bolaño didn't have long. Nevertheless he worked hard to get 2666 finished. Why did he do that?

He knew he was a better writer than people around him. He had harshly criticized well established writers, even affecting his own promotion. Why did he put too much effort, sick as he was, to finish his last novel?

We will never know. Here I write my answer to my question above, and most importantly: What am I going to do until I die?

A little background for my first short story in this blog, may be appropriate.

Grigori Perelman is an autisitic mathematician who proved Poincare's conjecture.

I've known physicists with odd behaviors, counting myself also. I put them in my short story, we all have something to think about. I wrote the plot vaguely as in The Savage Detectives. My question here is why do people write things like that, and why do we read them?

Now I go to the question that really interests me. Will I get something nice about The Nature of Information, or will I just waste my life?

I am glad I posed the question. I do not know if I have enough time to get where I want to go, but at least I know where I want to go.

From Smolin we can read:

" The Gauss’s law constraint hence links the information in the bulk state with the information in the boundary state."

Even an old friend of mine comes into the scene:

" The Plebanski type of formulation of general relativity, which is the basis of everything contained here, is extremely general."

Smolin goes on saying:

" Could there be a more fundamental picture, before spacetime emerges in which area has the fundamental meaning of the capacity of a quantum channel by which information flows[38]?"

As time passes, information enters more and more in Fundamental Physics. All I need to do is answer: What is information?

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews