Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Fourth Kind

This movie pretends to represent reality. It was advertised like The Blair Witch Project . In both cases it is a letdown that the authors chose to deceive us. Take our money and go away. We know movies are not for real, but sometimes one doesn't know.

Roberto Bolaño presents in fictional form the real problem of  the women in Ciudad Juárez; both in The Savage Detectives, and 2666. He makes a point, presents his opinion, and we can do something about it. With alien abductions, what am I supposed to do? After the movie I read that Nome in Alaska is full with sad people that commit suicide, but with Santa Teresa (Ciudad Juárez in real life) in 2666, I know that Bolaño is into something when he blames rich spoiled kids in that town for the killing of poor female workers. I do believe the Mexican economic elite has some very rotten apples in its midst. I live here.

Watching The Fourth Kind movie, though. I was reminded of a moment when my little girl and I were inside of a hospital in Mexico, and I woke up from a bad dream, as if somebody warned me not to pursue research in the physical nature of Information. As if I was about to break a secret code, and was warned not to.

 She was very sick, had a kidney infection that produced edema. We let a sick kitten in our home in Puebla and didn't de flea the poor thing. My daughter was about five years old and got sick. Eventually the treatment worked and she seems to be doing ok now.

Should I continue deciphering the meaning of Information?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The Fourth Kind is fact-based thriller involving an ongoing unsolved mystery in Alaska, where one town has seen an extraordinary number of unexplained disappearances during the past 40 years. Hey friends, watch The Fourth kind movie online from this website.

Eduardo Cantoral said...

Interesting.

Until further notice, I prefer to stay on the side of caution. In the case of the Blair Witch, everybody knows what really happened.

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews