Sunday, January 31, 2010

Everybody's Fine

I went to see this film today. It reminded me of my father in-law. He lived in Brentwood, California, and Robert De Niro, has his mannerism in the movie. My father in-law talked to people in the street that he didn't know in a way that we don't do in Mexico. I loved him for that.

You can read a better description of the movie than what I can do now, in the link above, .

My point though, is that modern society has a gap, not of money, nor trust, but of family ties. Fortunately here in Mexico we still have strong family ties, at least that is how I feel about my family. The father, played by de Niro, left the family duties to the wife, and she had recently died in the story. At the end he resumes his father duties after having lost one of his kids to drugs.

I have two children, the movie touched me deeply. I was crying, fortunately the theater was empty, I went to the matinee. I guess I have to try to get closer to my kids.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews