Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Quantum Gravity Uncertainty Relation

"This is because, if the light rays were not fuzzy in the perpendicular direction, one could use light rays to communicate information between the gravitational source and the holographic screens to make correspondence for every bit of information, such that no coarse graining is necessary."

Taken from:

Li et al.

Now we are getting somewhere!

When I was at UCSB, I told a few friends that Information was the thing to study. They wished me good luck. Only now this new generation of physicists is doing what I wanted to do then. Miao Li works in Beijing, and Yi Wang is at McGill.

The above long sentence sounds like music to my ears. These are words I can understand. Let us hope that we can take a rest from holonomies, isotopies, and so on, and start talking about holography. That, I understand. If we are going to talk Quantum, we also need uncertainty.

I hope this time we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. No more 10120  mismatches. We may be able to get our orders of magnitude right, when we know what we are really talking about.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews