Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Are the Weigers Crazy?

Weigers are people. Some were put in Guantámo as Islamists. I heard in Chicago Public Radio today, that one of them is mentally sick.

An idea came to my mind, what if all those Islamists are not well in their mental capacities. I'm sure it is not as bad as that, but I do feel that extremists are not the same as the rest of the population.

Sometimes excentric people, like myself, find a way to make a living,  but sometimes not. I know one or two cases.

My gut reaction is to give them help not the death penalty. The problem is when whole communities may suffer some kind of mass delusion. There is a small town, Canoa, near Puebla City, more than forty years ago the catholic priest in town was able to produce a collective frenzy state and attacked some librarians from the Autonomous University of Puebla. They almost killed all of them.

I feel that the difference between the "Catholics" in Canoa, and the Taliban in Afghanistan, is the money and resources those people, the Taliban, have now.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews