Monday, October 05, 2009

Mathematics and Medicine

Physiology or Medicine Prize in, I'm waiting for the Physics one tonight. My candidates: Ketterle et al for the macroscopic quantum state with spin, Reiss et al. for discovery of Universe acceleration, and some unknown applied physics work I am unaware of.

What I am thinking of is: What about math?

I know the line that Nobel lost a dear woman to a mathematician, but give me a break, those northern people are quite civilized, I am sure the committee can figure a way out.

In any case my worry is that we cannot go ahead with Biology as usual, those guys, and gals should realize that their subject became hard, with Watson and Crick's seminal discovery more than fifty years ago.

What about a Physiology or Medicine or Mathematics Nobel Prize?

2 comments:

Manjil P. Saikia said...

Why do you say that Nobel lost a woman to a mathematician?

Eduardo Cantoral said...

Googolplex Ideas:

This is a rumor:

http://nobelprizes.com/nobel/why_no_math.html

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews