Monday, October 05, 2009

Berkeley, Nobel Prizes and Proposition 13

This title dates me.

I was in California when Ronald Reagan led the anti-tax movement, at least I felt that way. I cannot prove it in a court of law. We can read in Wikipedia:

"Passage of the initiative presaged a "taxpayer revolt" throughout the country that is sometimes thought to have contributed to the election of Ronald Reagan to the presidency in 1980. However, of 30 anti-tax ballot measures that year, only 13 passed.[2]"

As far as I'm concerned, the anti-tax movement that man spearheaded, is killing public education in California and nationwide.

Today I read, that work done at Berkeley, is recognized for the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine.


If I get cancer sometime in the future, I'll remember Elizabeth H. Blackburn, Carol W. Greider and Jack W. Szostak, not the Californian taxpayers that do not want to pay for higher education.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews