Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Mind Evolving

A friend of mine made me think. He is a successful scientific leader, he feels that ideas go around his brain all the time. People tell him things and he reads, never stopping thinking.


I am not like that, I do not take financial decisions often, and decide and what is to be done. Nevertheless I feel that I process more information these days than never before in my life.


It is fair to say that a sector of society is going through an accelerated pace of mental activity. Age counts though. When young we build more connections in the brain. As a fraction of our body mass, also the brain is bigger when we are younger. Age brings a more connected concept map; adding to that easier access to Information, and I see an evolution acceleration.


This objective change in our culture and nervous system is being studied now. It is likely that humans have changed more in the past five thousand years, than in equal lenght periods back in our History.


I believe that the more conscious this mind evolution is, the more effective we can be in directing it.


On the other hand, it may be necessary to really speed solutions up, if we want to go through this apparent bottleneck. Like the baby at the end of Kubrick and Clarke's movie: 2001 Space Odyssey. We need to evolve.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews