Thursday, October 15, 2009

Local and Global

I checked the New York Times (NYT) before writing this. Nothing.

Then I went to the Mexican paper I read, La Jornada.

As I wrote before, I grew up around the Mexican Electric Workers Union in Mexico City. I read in La Jornada that, right as I write this, the whole area around the neighborhood I grew up in, is full of protesters against the President's decision to end a close to a hundred year old union.

This is an example of how the local and global don't match. I guess it has to do with the Wall Street darlings, doing so well, and Americans not informed on the real global collapse caused by these geniuses. Some of their classmates are in charge in the Mexican Government, and if last year's catastrophe is an indication, I don't expect Mexico's troubles to be as minor as the NYT journalists seem to think.

Do they know, and their bosses want them quiet?

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews