Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Numeric Bohm-Aharonov

     "As shown in Figure 7, and in the related animation, the wave packet moved between two solenoids along a straight line, dispersing in time in the direction normal to the direction of motion. Since, classically, there was no force acting on the electron, one should have expected a constant velocity of the wave packet along the straight line. This was not the case. The velocity of the wave packet, shown in Figure 8 as a function of the position, increased as the packet approached the solenoids and decreased as the packet left the solenoids. It is somewhat paradoxical that while there was, classically, no force acting on the electron, the electron acceleration, obtained strictly as a solution of the Dirac equation, was not zero. In the next section we will show that this paradox can be resolved."


These are real mysteries clarified by Prof. Simicevic with his numerical results.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay Cantoral, quit teasing me. If you're too chicken to co-author a paper with me, then will you help me write one? I don't want to say anything more that what I have discovered and what it appears to mean. I'll leave the re-write to somebody that knows how to do it.

Eduardo Cantoral said...

I am not a chicken.
I am trying to do other works. I have a colleague working on Bohm-Aharanov, one student in teaching number theory to high school students, a OLPC activity before the year is over. A visit by Filippenko first week of December, ..

Send me your paper and we can collaborate through Google Docs.

Unknown said...

Hi Cantoral, sorry that it took this long to get back. I actually do have a life and family.

What you suggest sounds great, but I guess that I need to write down something specifically for a paper first, as I have not done this.

And I was just trying to "get a rise out of you"... when I called you chicken... ;)

But I will get to work if you are serious.

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews