Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Kao, Boyle and Smith

This is not a rock band, nor a Law firm. These are the names of three unknown heroes; unknown no more. They got the Physics Nobel Prize.

Fiber optics and CCDs, ring more of a bell. CCDs were invented at the bankrupt Lucent Technologies, known before as Bell Labs, and now as Alcatel-Lucent.

I do not want to sound pessimistic, but if the American people do not understand what is happening in the rest of the World, yesterday's and today's prizes will be the last Nobels, US citizens get; in a long, long time.

Yesterday I was writing about learning Mandarin; now I want to write that some Portuguese (Brazil), Hindi (India), and Japanese, will come in handy.

We are entering a new Era on Earth. Multipolar, not bipolar.

I am bad at predicting the future, I hope I am wrong, and Alcatel-Lucent gets it, and hires me back. But you know what? I am not counting on it.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews