Saturday, October 31, 2009

Nanche Drink from Vicario in Huitzuco

Yesterday I was in Huitzuco. My mother Emma Uriza Castro lived her younger years there. The Uriza family has lived in that town at least since 1832, when Ignacio Urizar was in the governing council.

I was invited to the High School, CBTis 175 , to give a talk. The Dark Energy of the Universe was the title. I was happy to have my niece Atenas Cárdenas Noverón, present. Atenas is beautiful, like my mother she competed to become the Beauty Queen of Huitzuco. Atenas competed in the Independence Day celebration, and my mother for Carnival. Both lost, but second place is not bad, and besides they had many supporters.

As payment I got a tasty Nanche Drink, from the Vicario family. They also make rompope, and tequila, among other drinks. I am still enjoying my Nanche liqueur. When I was a kid they made very tasty sodas.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews