Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Mexico and the US

Today in the NYT , you can read about the state visit of Mexican President Felipe Calderón to the White House. Independently of my status as a US resident of Mexican descent, here I express my concern about the blatant disrespect of the average American citizen towards Mexico and Mexicans. Since it is not my intention to upset anybody, I try to be clear.

White Mexicans also disrespect Mexican Indians. If you are a white Anglo Saxon protestant, please do not take my thoughts as an insult. I do have friends and acquaintances with these ethnic and religious characteristics. This note is in good faith. I am not fighting any particular group.

A few days ago I posed two questions in this blog; now I answer them. Why Arizonans do not like Mexicans? Why "Dominicanos" (natives of Santo Domingo) do not like Haitians?

The questions were prompted when I found out that black Haitians will think it twice before crossing the border to Santo Domingo. They used to behead illegal immigrants at that border. Maybe now they don't, but I assume that people remember the past in that border.

The Sonora Arizona border also has a long time memory. Disrespect is the present state of deep hatreds born out of a real war for land, and the efforts to enslave ones neighbors. The Gaza Israel border also comes to mind. The Israeli Governement recently did not allow Noam Chomsky to feel comfortable around there.

Deep, deep hate.

I focus on the American-Mexican foreign relations here.

Remember The Alamo , is a real American battle cry. Our border has not been peaceful. At some level both countries remember the Mexican- American War.

Americans disrespect Mexicans, I pose in this note; because they are not proud of what a state of War made them do. Imagine the nightmares of so many American soldiers, if they were to wake up one day with neighbors from Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Korea, Iraq and Afghanistan. Not to mention Japan, Italy, and Germany. Wars make animals out of people, senses of decency, morality, and just plain human respect for other human beings, fly out the window.

Greaser, wetback, illegals: All compounded on civilized disrespect.

That is why I think Americans disrespect Mexicans, and "Dominicanos" Haitians.

That is my answer.

Before we can become brothers and sisters as we are supposed to be, we first have to bring out these devils that are poisoning our souls.

Brothers, I will be waiting for you. Once we come together, there won't be any natural disaster that will stop human ascension to higher states of consciuosness.

If none of this makes any sense to you, I guess you won't come back for more.

Good bye, and good luck.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews