Saturday, May 22, 2010

Oracle and SUN

I have been avoiding comments on the Oracle purchase of SUN. It is close to my heart. At Lucent we had SUN workstations, they were nice. To think that a software company bought them, aches me. Before hardware companies were the bones of the industry, the software was either free, or maintained with a yearly contract, with regular builds during the year.

Somehow the idea that Larry Ellison , knows anything about building computers jars me the wrong way.

I am installing Java products in my PC with Ubuntu, and then I had to face this important industry change.

I am skeptical about the success of this fianancial transaction, but then again nobody asked me. Ellison reminds me too much of those kids in Wall Street, that almost broke the boat, he looks kind of greedy. Again nobody asked me my opinion.

I am hoping for the best. I just want to run simple Java applets, I guess I am OK.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews