Tuesday, May 11, 2010

KDE vs. Gnome

I am using Ubuntu 9.04. I have not been able to move up to 9.10. I haven't tried to go directly to 10.04.

What I write about here is the environment, though. I chose Gnome, because a Mexican, Miguel de Icaza, was involved at some point. I do not know him personally, though.

I have been using WineFish to do my LaTeX work. I finally got into some bibliography task, and found out that BibTex is not being maintained. Searching for an alternative, I found KBibTex, and one thing led to another: I finally installed Kile.

I still have the Gnome, environment, but these LaTeX tools, look so much better, than  WineFish, that I am seriously considering a whole move to the KDE environment. These German programmers seem to be doing a much better job than the Gnome crowd.

I'll keep you posted.

September 13, 2010.

I went to 10.04, after one day today it froze :( I'm back to 9:04.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews