Friday, March 26, 2010

Jitu Brown

@brothjitu

I was a Chicago suburbs high school teacher for two years; and I was not aware of what I learned today: Amazing!

Today in Democracy Now! I found out something I ought have known before. This casts a shadow on my critical abilities and society's dark side.

Jitu Brown's Twitter address is above.

This note is an  atonement effort; before next week's Holy Week.

I knew something was not kosher. My kids came to class in military garments and had after school religious activities in School grounds. The authorities told us that the purpose was to get the students out of street gangs where they died with alarming frequency. I did know then, that my kids had three options in life, join the Army, join a Church, or join a Gang.

In my infinite ignorance I thought I could offer them another option. Join a University. I will make your brains good enough to go to College. There is more to life than what they are offering you here. Problem was: I did not ask for permission. The end result is that they did not rehire me after one year.

Conceding defeat, I went back to Mexico for two years. My family  helped me a lot and I am trying to get back as a scientist. Problem is: I haven't published books and research articles lately. I am planing to come back to the States; I hope this time I know more what am I doing.

What I know now is the the Neo Liberals took over the School System of Chicago, Arne Duncan not only created the monster I was working in, but now has joined President Obama as Education Secretary! I thought only Mexico was under that spell, now I know better. So if I try my hand at the US again, I have to know who am I fighting.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews