Saturday, March 13, 2010

Science Blogs

There are two social processes I want to comment on here.

Open source, and open science.

The first has allowed thousands of partially employed programmers to contribute to public wealth. Apache for instance, which my son is using to host:

http://fuckthetitanic.com

also allows me to have a presence with this blog in more places than the powers that be will grant me.

Young readers; please do not draw the wrong conclusion that it is OK to work for free, but by the same token do not let others define your worth for you.

Now what is open science?

This blog of mine is an example, I'm sure you can find more.

Apart from the Social Institutions endowed to promote the advance of knowledge, you can also try your hands on solving the hardest problems in science, independently. The best example I can give is Grigori Perelman. Humanity owes him a great deal, I hope that one day all the parties involved will fix this blatant injustice.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews