Friday, March 26, 2010

Tim Burton's Alice

I went with my precious little girl to see Alice in Wonderland today. I read her many years ago Prof. Dodgson's version, with the hope she would like math. I think she thinks, and loves independence. Today we both enjoyed what Mr. Burton did with it.

I liked the live/fantasy characters; ever since I saw Final Fantasy, I felt that now we can have realistic looking animations, and with this movie I see a satisfying hybrid. Crispin Glover, is Crispin Glover, but he is also the Knave. I liked these Burton mermaids, half actors half animations. For me this is important, what part technology, what part Art? For that matter, what part humanity, what part machines?

We have to find a happy medium.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews