Thursday, March 04, 2010

Wise Man

I am 60, I ought to know more than my young readers, right?

My mother is 83, and my uncle 81. Both are sick; we do not yet know the extent of their ailments. I do feel well, loosing some teeth and hair, but as far as I can feel, I am OK.

My beautiful daughter just came to ask me for money. My son will need money to go to college; and I see the brave young men at University of California organizing a march today in defense of good things.

The world we are leaving them, and what we as individuals were able to leave them is all there is. I feel guilty.

Can at least leave them some wisdom?

There is not much more than what I have been able to write here, and what I have been able to tell my students over the years. I am still enjoying this task of gathering information to leave them some trail to follow.

That is not what I set myself to do more than forty years ago. I want to clarify for myself, and my family, friends and fellow human beings what Information is.

I need to put it down in writing so it can be judged by others. Maybe it will help to navigate from now on. To serve as a guide of effective action.

Here is some advice for you.
  • Reason
  • Find out
  • Experiment
Governor Schwarznegger stated that California spends more in prisons than education; therefore the children marched today to change that Institutional Insanity.

Joe Stilgitz,67, published a book on the cost of Bush's war: The Three Trillion Dollar War: The True Cost of the Iraq Conflict (Paperback)

Most of all I want you to read James Lovelock, 90: The Vanishing Face of Gaia

These are hard times: be brave, smart, and humane.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews