Tuesday, March 30, 2010

John Cook

Today Andrew Revkin from the NYT, highlights this Australian contribution to the climate debate. I already added his blog, Skeptical Science, to my blog list. I started this blog as Relevant Science, because I wanted it to be relevant mainly to high school students. When I was a Physics teacher at Glenbard East High School, in Lombard Illinois, I felt that even though my students were smart, they were not getting as interested in Physics as I wanted.

I like skepticism more than I like relevance, though. I feel that by trying to be relevant, somehow one is trying to pander, not ponder; also Mr. Cook is more focused, there you will find only climate talk. I believe this is the most important conversation going on at this point. Either we get it right, or we are doomed.

Welcome skepticism, welcome John Cook.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews