Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Mobile Learning

learning is no longer confined to the classroom between the hours of 8:00-3:00...learning can, and does take place 24-7

Learning to go.

Mary Adham

These links and quotes are from a chat session going on right now.

I do have a homeschool. I posted some time ago something about it.


Now this is going to be another note on my case and plans.

The Advent of Mobile Learning Technology

CARET

International Society for Technology in Education

Project K-Nect Blog.

[Comment From Eduardo: ]
What is the role of school administrators?Sponsors, participants, other?
Tuesday March 23, 2010 2:45 Eduardo
2:45
Mark Hess:
Most people embrace technologies in their personal life to create efficiency, convenience, organization, etc....we should expect the same thing in our professional life; especially teaching.

2:45
Shawn Gross:
School administrators need to support the concept of mobile learning before it can have widespread success at the LEA levels
Tuesday March 23, 2010 2:45 Shawn Gross
2:46
Mark Hess:
Admin. should promote, model, and expect high levels of technology integration in their school.
Tuesday March 23, 2010 2:46 Mark Hess
2:46
Mark Hess:
Admin. must be digital leaders in the year 2010.

2:47
Shawn Gross:
Digital Leadership is so important and I have seen a great example of this in Onslow County Schools with their administrators
Tuesday March 23, 2010 2:47 Shawn Gross

2:47
Shawn Gross:
Onslow County is in North Carolina
Tuesday March 23, 2010 2:47 Shawn Gross
2:48
Shawn Gross:
They have set out on a vision for 21st century learning and connectivity and they are slowly moving towards making this a reality for all its learners
Tuesday March 23, 2010 2:48 Shawn Gross
2:48
Moderator: Katie Ash:
It seems like initiatives like these really have to be a systematic effort with support from all levels.
Tuesday March 23, 2010 2:48 Moderator: Katie Ash
2:49
Shawn Gross:
That is right Katie!!!
Tuesday March 23, 2010 2:49 Shawn Gross

2:49
Mark Hess:
Yes - indeed. Systemic is key. Clear organizational goals, shared vision, and collaboration are critical.
Tuesday March 23, 2010

Project K-Nect

Cover it Live


OK that was my transcript of part of the chat.

Now my case:

School of Creative Studies

I am in a transition period again. I guess that is my way to live this only life I got. Morphing myself as time passes. I have a job in Mexico, but my son is going to college in fall, and I need more money than what I am getting there. The options to increase my income seem to be better in the US than in Mexico. Here I concentrate in the possibility of making my entrance into the homeschooling business a reality.

My girl went to college; all in all I am satisfied but, she chose not to graduate and now is trying to figure out what is next herself. My son, ten years younger, was accepted in three schools. He seems to be veering towards the University of Iowa, in Iowa City. I have a Ph.D. in Physics, and my wife is pursuing one in History. I live near a major physics laboratory, until last week, the highest energy particle accelerator in the World.

Tomorrow I go to have my picture and fingerprints taken for an extension of my US residency documents.

Obama just passed a law that will make it easier for me to be in the US. I still remember the New Hampshire Motto, when we went to visit my wife's uncle. Live Free or Die! I was a postdoc at MIT, and to me it sounded like if you cannot pull your own weight here, you are as good as dead.

I am happy that the "macho" Americans are becoming a little more compassionate and they will give me a hand in my efforts to settle here for good.

My first choice is to live free, yes. I am thinking in two or three options for my own business. Now that I can cover health insurance for me and my workers, maybe is not out of the question. I should get a job here soon, whatever I do.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews