Thursday, March 11, 2010

Proud Father

Yesterday was the banquet for the WWSHS Speech Team.

Of course, my son didn't want me around, so I had to sit with other parents. Nice conversation and all, but the high point of my night was when my son gave a speech to recognize the help of his coach. He made a nice portrait of the coach, and framed it. He made people laugh with his newly acquired skills, for which he received the Most Improved Speaker trophy.

I did picture him as a kid walking around grammar school halls, more or less in a world of his own creation, and his zombie classmates in a parallel world. Now he is recognized and publicly feted.

When my daughter was little; it was painful to see a boy praised for not being a total basket case, and no recognition for my gifted little girl.

Now my son is with friends that recognize his many talents.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews